Skip to main content

My First Bottle

One of my favorite pieces from my most recent pottery class is this bottle:


This was one of those pieces where I didn't really have anything in mind when I started and I just kept working the clay until I got a shape I liked. I tried to do others after this, but I couldn't quite get it to work. I guess I got lucky that time.

Not only do I really like the shape of this one, I also really like the glaze. I dipped the whole thing in white first and then three layers of Jensen Blue. The result is an awesome mixture of orange, brown, gray, blue and purple.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journal: Little Red Boat

Doodles from my Journal

I've been doodling for a couple of days now and I've really enjoyed it. It sure helps pass the time at work and I like to see what I come up with. Here are a few pictures from my art journal. They will all eventually be painted.




Purple Flower Landscape

I'm back on a landscape kick. It's just so relaxing to come home from a stressful day at work and just paint where I'd like to be.