Skip to main content

Finally Finished Poppies

The poppies are finally finished. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out but as usual there are a few things that I wish I could have done better. I may tweak it here and there in a while, when I can look at it with fresh eyes. It's hard to tell what it needs when I have been staring at it for a long time.

Two things I learned while painting the poppies:
1: Orange is easy to work with. It lifts quite well.
2: I need to work on my shadows. Hopefully I'll get some more practice with another poppy painting.

Here is the finished painting:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journal: Little Red Boat

Doodles from my Journal

I've been doodling for a couple of days now and I've really enjoyed it. It sure helps pass the time at work and I like to see what I come up with. Here are a few pictures from my art journal. They will all eventually be painted.




Modern Floral Watercolor 5

I got a new handmade watercolor pallet from Designs by Rachel Beth on Etsy and I couldn't wait to try it. I'm pretty excited about how this one turned out-- especially the yellow rose shape. That one didn't turn out so great the last time I tried it. I think using a smaller brush helped.