Skip to main content

Fall Leaves

This is yet another painting that I started in high school and haven't finished yet. I figured now would be a good time to get it out again. One of my favorite pieces of advice my high school art teacher, Mr. Fackrell (whom I saw at dinner last night but I was to scared to go say hi), gave me was to paint the season that you are in. That way, you can always be inspired by what is around you and know what things actually look like. And that works for me because all i want to paint now is FALL! I feel so lucky to live in Utah where the mountains are spotted red and yellow (and now covered in snow!) and the trees in the valley are starting to turn. It definitely made me want to finish this painting!




(11x15)
The colors in this last picutre are a little off. I'll try to get a better one later...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journal: Little Red Boat

Doodles from my Journal

I've been doodling for a couple of days now and I've really enjoyed it. It sure helps pass the time at work and I like to see what I come up with. Here are a few pictures from my art journal. They will all eventually be painted.




Art Journal: Dandelions

dandelion doodle:




This doodle was inspired by a dandelion I saw growing in the middle of a bunch of rocks. I was going to the hospital to visit my grandmother with my mom. On our way in, I saw the dandelion and asked my mom if she thought I should pick it for my grandma, as a joke, of course. She didn't think it was very funny, so I left the dandelion where it was.

I don't mind dandelions. I like the name and they're like little balls of sunshine. Plus, they give you wishes. It's hard for me to call them weeds.