Skip to main content

Back to Business

I've been off on a tangent for the past few months, with my art journal and experiments. I've had a lot of fun and learned that I can be more creative and less analytical when I paint. Painting started to become stressful because I was so concerned with doing it right. Trying something new has taught me that there is no right or wrong, just fun.

With that said, I am ready to start doing some more serious paintings. The first is from a "Country Home" magazine cover (photo found on Pinterest, of course). I really loved the colors in this photo, and the feelings of "country" that it actually evoked in me. I am not a big fan of "country" anything, but something about it relaxes me-- country music and country style, not really sure why.

So, here is the painting that I will be working on for a while:


(really faint drawing)
background

I'll still be doodling in my art journal and trying new things, but I would like to focus more on serious paintings for now. Since this painting is quite large, for me, at least, (16x20") I'll post the progress in stages.

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product!!! I love love love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shayna! We'll see... I love the photo too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Floral Watercolor 5

I got a new handmade watercolor pallet from Designs by Rachel Beth on Etsy and I couldn't wait to try it. I'm pretty excited about how this one turned out-- especially the yellow rose shape. That one didn't turn out so great the last time I tried it. I think using a smaller brush helped.

I Did It!

This post has nothing to do with painting of any kind, but something much more important, to me at least. It is my biggest accomplishment thus far and I wanted to write down my thoughts and feelings, while I still have them. I graduated from college yesterday. I spent the last five years attending Westminster College and yesterday was a day that I wasn't sure would ever come. I majored in Aviation: Flight Operations and spent much of my time at the airport, flying airplanes. I haven't flown in a while but I think I ended up with about 350 hours. I earned my private, instrument, commercial, and multi-engine ratings. Toward the end of my education, I decided that flying probably isn't for me. This change of heart was a result of many things, but most of all because my eyes were opened to all the other opportunities in the aviation industry. There is a place for me out there, somewhere. I just need to find it. I was originally pursuing an art minor, which is why it took me

White Poinsettia

I love painting poinsettias. It's a rather simple flower and the layers and shadows make it a lot of fun to paint. I have painted a few red poinsettias, but never any white. I've always been intimidated by the white ones-- until now! It turns out they're not that hard to paint at all. I especially had fun with different tones of white in this one.