Skip to main content

Bowls

My mom and I just finished our fourth pottery class and I think it was our most successful class so far. We ended up with lots of new shapes and designs. We branched out and tried new things with glazes. And our pots just get bigger and bigger (my mom's especially).

I only ended up with a couple bowls this time around and it wasn't on purpose. I had something else in mind when I was making these but I just couldn't make it happen and they turned into bowls.

I've decided that I'm no longer going to use the Green Celedon glaze-- it's too plain.


I really like how the Tea Dust glaze speckled on the inside of this bowl




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journal: Little Red Boat

Doodles from my Journal

I've been doodling for a couple of days now and I've really enjoyed it. It sure helps pass the time at work and I like to see what I come up with. Here are a few pictures from my art journal. They will all eventually be painted.




Art Journal: Dandelions

dandelion doodle:




This doodle was inspired by a dandelion I saw growing in the middle of a bunch of rocks. I was going to the hospital to visit my grandmother with my mom. On our way in, I saw the dandelion and asked my mom if she thought I should pick it for my grandma, as a joke, of course. She didn't think it was very funny, so I left the dandelion where it was.

I don't mind dandelions. I like the name and they're like little balls of sunshine. Plus, they give you wishes. It's hard for me to call them weeds.