Skip to main content

Watercolor Postcards

For Christmas, my best friend, Kelsey, gave me a watercolor postcard kit. She thought it was silly but I think it was the perfect gift idea. She said that she thinks I need to paint more. And when your best friend tells you to paint more, by golly, you paint!



The kit comes with everything you need-- paint, tray, brush, instructions/ideas, and post cards:


My first postcard had to be for Kelsey, of course! I don't think she has a particular fondness for birds, but I didn't have any better ideas.






It felt pretty strange to just drop a painting in a mailbox. Hopefully it gets there in one piece...

Comments

  1. I like your bird postcard! I have a pack of watercolor postcards I took on a vacation. It was fun to send my family something unique. But ya, I agree. It's a little weird to just drop a painting in a mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling. That is one post card I wouldn't throw away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journal: Little Red Boat

Doodles from my Journal

I've been doodling for a couple of days now and I've really enjoyed it. It sure helps pass the time at work and I like to see what I come up with. Here are a few pictures from my art journal. They will all eventually be painted.




Art Journal: Dandelions

dandelion doodle:




This doodle was inspired by a dandelion I saw growing in the middle of a bunch of rocks. I was going to the hospital to visit my grandmother with my mom. On our way in, I saw the dandelion and asked my mom if she thought I should pick it for my grandma, as a joke, of course. She didn't think it was very funny, so I left the dandelion where it was.

I don't mind dandelions. I like the name and they're like little balls of sunshine. Plus, they give you wishes. It's hard for me to call them weeds.