Skip to main content

A Home for My Birdies

So, I bought a frame on sale at the craft store for my Little Blue Birds painting. My original intent was to give it away as a gift to a friend, but I'm not good at parting with my paintings, so that didn't happen. I still put the painting in the frame and ended up hanging it in my painting room:


I painted it with a small, white border that I masked out with masking tape. I thought that it would kind of serve as a mat, but that didn't work out. The border was too thin and the lip on the frame was the exact same width as the white border. Would this painting look 100 times better with a mat? Absolutely! Do I care? Not really. I think it looks just fine without a mat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Journal: Little Red Boat

Doodles from my Journal

I've been doodling for a couple of days now and I've really enjoyed it. It sure helps pass the time at work and I like to see what I come up with. Here are a few pictures from my art journal. They will all eventually be painted.




Purple Flower Landscape

I'm back on a landscape kick. It's just so relaxing to come home from a stressful day at work and just paint where I'd like to be.